We are committed to protecting the safety of our patients, staff, and our community while maintaining the highest quality of care for you, our valued patient. Thus, in accordance with the very latest recommendations from the Center and Disease Control and Connecticut Department of Health, we ask that you follow the steps below to best ensure the safety of all if you have an in-office appointment with us:
- Come alone to your appointment unless you are a parent or guardian of a pediatric patient or you require a companion for medical safety assistance.
- Bring a face covering (facemask or cloth covering) that covers your nose and mouth. All patients, visitors, and staff are required to wear face coverings at all times while at our office. If you do not have your own face covering, we will provide one for you.
- Stay in your vehicle or outside of the building and call our office at (203) 735-5555 that you have arrived. We will then ask you the following COVID-19 screening questions:
- Do you have respiratory symptoms including fever and/or cough with or without shortness of breath or any other flu symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 4 weeks?
- If you answered YES to these screening questions, we would reschedule you for an appointment in 2 weeks or later.
- If you answered NO to these screening questions, we will ask if you have your own face covering.
- Once you have spoken to a Hochman Chiropractic staff member, remain in your vehicle or outside of the building, and one of our staff members will come down to meet you.
- Have your face covering on before the staff member meets you. However, if you indicated that you do not have your own face covering, we will have one for you. This staff member will be wearing a mask and gloves.
- We will take your temperature with a no-contact forehead thermometer. The CDC defines a fever at 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. If you have a fever, we will reschedule your appointment.
- If you do not have a fever, we will escort you into the building, maintaining an appropriate social distance. Our staff will escort you right into your exam room. There is no waiting in our reception area.
- Our administrative staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- In the exam room, you will be attended to by our medical staff, all who will be wearing masks and medical gloves.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, we will schedule your next appointment in your exam room.
- We will then escort you to leave through our building’s exit and show you where to dispose of your gloves.
In addition to these above mentioned precautions, here is how we are maintaining the pristine environment you know us to have as your trusted medical office:
- Disinfecting all surfaces and high-volume areas each morning and night as well as in between patients using medical-grade disinfecting products
- Professional cleaning services
- Offering hand sanitizers stations
- Spacing out our patient appointments in order to minimize patient contact with other patients and staff
- Screening all staff members prior to their work shift
If you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 safety precaution protocols, please call us at (203) 735-5555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your appointment.